Adam S. Tracy
A former professional rugby player, Adam S. Tracy brings over twenty years experience as an risk management attorney, consultant and dealmaker with a particular focus on cryptocurrency, digital marketing, payments and immersive corporate structures. As an accomplished executive and risk consultant to high risk merchants and stakeholders, Adam has proven himself as a results oriented, decisive leader with proven success advising early market entrants, technology adapters, as well as established participants across a wide range of verticals. Adam Tracy’s attack-first personality allows him to excel in dynamic, demanding environments including complex corporate negotiations, distressed environments and regulatory investigations.
In addition, Adam S. Tracy also has a successful track record co-founding high risk industry ventures, building and leading cross-functional teams, and spearheading diverse corporate transactions. A serial entrepreneur, Adam has successfully started and created exits across a wide swath of markets, including various mobile SaaS ventures, nutraceuticals, peer-to-peer payment systems, and several direct sales-based ventures. Moreover, as a recognized expert in the payments field, Adam Tracy has been a blockchain and cryptocurrency evangelist and influencer since the early days of Bitcoin.
Utilizing his proprietary “Pre-Event Driven™” strategy for decision making, Adam S. Tracy further leverages his over twenty years’ experience in risk management to create cost-effective, value-add solutions for each client. A data-driven acolyte, Adam continually refines his strategies based on field studies and data collection. Moreover, Adam Tracy further augments his range of solutions by actively networking with regulators, liquidity providers, legal and compliance experts, deal-flow brokers, investors and management of leading high risk industry ventures.
Adam S. Tracy earned his Bachelor of Science in Computer Applications and Bachelor of Science in Finance from the University of Notre Dame. He subsequently earned his Masters in Business Administration from the DePaul Kellstadt Graduate School of Business, while concurrently earning his Juris Doctorate from the DePaul College of Law. Dedicated to lifelong learning, Adam Tracy is pursuing an advanced certificate in Sports Wagering and Integrity from the University of New Hampshire School of Law. He has held his FINRA Series 7 and 65 licenses, while having been admitted to practice law before a number of state and federal courts, including the United States Tax Court and United States Court of Claims.
- Represented token sale issuer in $45 million Initial Coin Offering
- Acted as counsel to one of the country’s 20 largest national banks
- Advised one the country’s largest subprime auto lenders
- Represented the nation of Belize in litigation against this country’s
- largest movie studio
- Acted as court-appointed receiver to over 30 publicly traded corporations
- Represented several money transmitters in state licensing matters.
- Acted as advisor for Native American gaming initiative
- Acted as court-appointed receiver to NASDAQ listed corporation
- Represented issuers in over 15 Initial Public Offerings
- Represented rights owner of the world’s most watched adult themed video
- Acted as consultant to leading peer-to-peer payment solution in Asia
- Represented and advised one of the world’s largest cryptocurrencies
- Represented issuers in over 40 reverse merger transactions
- Acted as lead counsel and/or advisor in over 25 Initial Coin Offerings
- Represented multiple clients in cryptocurrency exchange formations
- Acted as lead counsel to multiple merchant cash advance providers
- Advised leading debt settlement company on various telemarketing matters
- Acted as general counsel to multiple leading cryptocurrency exchanges
- Currently advising multiple plaintiffs in DMCA takedown matters
- Represented Canadian telemarketing operation in enforcement action before the FTC
- Acted lead counsel and advisor to over 5 top one hundred cryptocurrencies
- Represented leading affiliate marketeering network
- Acted as lead counsel in $15 million sale of daily deal eCommerce website
- Advised leading nutraceutical manufacturer